Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
Want to be frugal and environmentally conscious? Save the rinds from this watermelon soup to make a classic Chinese dish: Cut off the outer skin, slice the rind into pieces, and stir-fry with peanut oil, chile peppers, scallions, brown sugar, and rum. Serve with grilled chicken and organic brown rice, and you’ll have an amazing and unusual summer dinner! For more about the health benefits of watermelon, see Fresh Pick: Watermelon.
Watermelon & Green Tea Chilled Soup recipe
- Combine first six ingredients in blender, and purée until smooth.
- Transfer to bowl, and whisk in yogurt.
- Ladle into chilled soup bowls, garnish each with one or two mint leaves.
- Calories 67
- Carbohydrate Content 16 g
- Cholesterol Content 4 mg
- Fat Content 1 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 19 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g