White Quinoa with Asparagus & Sugar Snap Peas
Spring veggies—asparagus and sugar snap peas—add a light crunch and burst of nutrients to this quick and easy quinoa dish.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Serve a big bowl of this feel-good quinoa salad with grilled shrimp, shredded grilled chicken, or sea bass. Local sea bass is a treat if you can find it in your area.
- 3 cups cooked organic white quinoa
- 2 bunches of thin asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces, steamed, rinsed, and patted dry
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, steamed, rinsed, and cut in half
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped Italian parsley
- 1 heaping Tbs. snipped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 3 Tbs. fruity olive oil
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In large bowl, lightly toss quinoa with asparagus, peas, parsley, and chives. Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil; add salt & pepper to taste; and gently mix. Chill at least 1 hour.
- Serve as a side dish with protein of choice, or heap on a plate of greens for an entrée salad.
- Calories 149
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 9 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g