Served with a little fresh fruit for brunch or with a big green salad for dinner, or as a side dish for roast salmon, this one can't be beat.
8 organic pastured eggs
2 heaping Tbs. chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
1/4 tsp. minced fresh tarragon leaves
2 Tbs. olive oil
4 large shiitake mushrooms, de-stemmed and sliced into strips
6 stalks asparagus, trimmed & cut into 1-inch pieces
2 Tbs. shredded Manchego cheese
- Preheat oven to broil. Whisk eggs with parsley and tarragon until frothy, and
- In 8-inch oven-proof pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add asparagus, and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, and cook about 2 minutes more.
- Add egg mixture to pan all at once, and cook undisturbed until edges are set but center is still wet, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer pan to broiler, at least 4-5 inches away from flame. Cook until set, but still a little wiggly in center, about 3-4 minutes. Check frequently to ensure that it doesn't burn.
- Remove from broiler, sprinkle cheese over top, and let rest for a few minutes. Work a spatula around edges, and slide it onto platter. Cut into four wedges and serve.
per serving: 250 cal; 15g pro; 19g total fat (6g sat fat); 3g carb; 375mg chol; 210mg sod; 1g fiber;
From Article: Composting: Get Back to Basics