Served with a little fresh fruit for brunch or with a big green salad for dinner, or as a side dish for roast salmon, this one can't be beat. From Article: Composting: Get Back to Basics.
8 organic pastured eggs
2 heaping Tbs. chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
1/4 tsp. minced fresh tarragon leaves
2 Tbs. olive oil
4 large shiitake mushrooms, de-stemmed and sliced into strips
6 stalks asparagus, trimmed & cut into 1-inch pieces
2 Tbs. shredded Manchego cheese
- Preheat oven to broil. Whisk eggs with parsley and tarragon until frothy, and
- In 8-inch oven-proof pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add asparagus, and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, and cook about 2 minutes more.
- Add egg mixture to pan all at once, and cook undisturbed until edges are set but center is still wet, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer pan to broiler, at least 4-5 inches away from flame. Cook until set, but still a little wiggly in center, about 3-4 minutes. Check frequently to ensure that it doesn't burn.
- Remove from broiler, sprinkle cheese over top, and let rest for a few minutes. Work a spatula around edges, and slide it onto platter. Cut into four wedges and serve.
- Calories: 250
- Carbohydrate Content: 3 g
- Cholesterol Content: 375 mg
- Fat Content: 19 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 210 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g