Xlear Sugar-Free Chocolate Cookie Sandwiches Recipe
For more about this recipe: Confection Perfection…
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
For more about this recipe: Confection Perfection
- 11/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups Xlear Lite&Sweet
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 Tbs. pure vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean (optional)
- 1/2 cup Xlear Lite&Sweet
- 12 oz. sugar-free chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- With electric mixer, whisk butter and Lite&Sweet on medium speed until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Add eggs and salt, and continue mixing. Slowly add evaporated milk, vanilla extract, and vanilla bean, if using, until combined.
- Reduce mixer speed to low, and add flour until combined. Divide dough in two, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Form dough into 1 tsp.-size round balls. Roll each ball in Lite&Sweet and place on baking sheet 2 inches apart. Lightly dip a small glass in flour and gently press down on dough balls to flatten into cookies. Bake 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool on wire rack.
- To make filling, place Lite&Sweet, chocolate chips, milk, and salt into saucepan. Heat gently until chocolate is melted, then cool in refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Using spatula, spread desired amount of chocolate filling on each cookie and top with another cookie to make a sandwich. Repeat process with remaining cookies and filling.
- Calories 210
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 35 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 115 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g