Makes 16 squares
1 cup stone-ground yellow cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
11/2 Tbs. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup buttermilk
6 Tbs. organic unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
1/4 cup honey (try Savannah Bee Co. Grill Honey)
1 cup grilled white corn kernels,cut from the cob (about 2 ears)
2 Tbs. unsalted butter
2 Tbs. honey
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 8×8 glass pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In medium bowl, whisk together egg, buttermilk, melted butter, and honey to combine. Pour over dry ingredients, and stir until just moistened. Fold in corn kernels.
- Pour batter into pan, and spread evenly. Bake 20-25 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and edges are browned.
- To make glaze: melt butter and honey together in microwave. As soon as cornbread comes out of the oven, poke all over with wooden skewer, and drizzle glaze evenly over surface. Cool slightly. Cut into squares and serve warm.
per square: 150 cal; 3g pro; 7g total fat (4g sat fat); 21g carb; 25mg chol; 310mg sod; 1g fiber; 8g sugars