If you want to make this dish ahead of time, cover and refrigerate ramekins after step 2, and heat crumbles for 20–25 minutes before serving. Visit backtotheroots.com for more information on the Biodynamic Cinnamon Flakes used here.
2 Tbs. unsalted organic butter, divided
6 medium apples, peeled, cored, and very thinly sliced
1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
2 Tbs. fresh Meyer lemon juice
1/3 cup organic local honey
1 Tbs. maple sugar
1 tsp. cornstarch
1/2 Tbs. safflower oil
1/3 cup Back To The Roots Biodynamic Cinnamon Flakes, lightly crushed
1/3 cup ginger cookies, lightly crushed, about 12 cookies (I like Anna’s Ginger Thins)
1/2 Tbs. brown sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter insides of 4 8-oz. ramekins with 1/2 Tbs. butter.
- In large saucepan, combine apples, cranberries, lemon juice, honey, and maple sugar. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, 10–12 minutes, until apples are softened but still a little firm. Stir in cornstarch in the last few minutes of cooking.
- Divide apple mixture among prepared ramekins. Combine Cinnamon Flakes, Ginger Thins, brown sugar, and cinnamon, and distribute over tops of apple mixture.
- Melt remaining butter, combine with safflower oil, and drizzle over all.
- Place ramekins on baking sheet. Heat in oven 10–12 minutes, until heated through.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 400
- Carbohydrate Content: 80 g
- Cholesterol Content: 15 mg
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 75 mg
- Sugar Content: 60 g