Asparagus Pepper Toss
Get ready for healthier outdoor or campsite cooking with this flavor-packed veggie side dish.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
The perfect accompaniment to our Rosemary Garlic Grilled Tuna, this simple-yet-delicious side comes together in minutes and makes the most of fresh summer produce.
Asparagus Pepper Toss recipe
- 2 cups asparagus tips
- 2 medium red bell peppers
- 2 medium yellow peppers
- ½ cup sliced water chestnuts, rinsed and drained
- 1 small bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1 Tbs. sesame seeds
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. white pepper
- Place asparagus tips in vegetable steamer over boiling water. Cover and steam briefly, until bright green. Remove from heat and immediately rinse with cold water.
- Core red and yellow peppers and cut into ½-inch wide slices. Grill until peppers are just tender. Remove from grill and let cool.
- While peppers are cooling, combine asparagus, water chestnuts, and scallions in medium serving bowl.
- To make dressing, combine olive oil, orange juice, sesame seeds, sea salt, and pepper in small bowl. Mix well.
- Add dressing and peppers to asparagus mixture. Serve at room temperature.
- Calories 150
- Carbohydrate Content 17 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 300 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g