See more Paleo vegan recipes at: Paleo Vegan Recipes
- 4 - 6Servings
- 1 large head of cauliflower cut into
- florets (5-6 cups)
- 1 large (about 1/2 lb.) leek, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into half moons
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 11/4 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed in garlic press
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine cauliflower and leeks on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss with your hands to mix. Sprinkle all over with salt and pepper and roast for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- While cauliflower is roasting, combine almond milk, cashew butter, nutritional yeast, and garlic in a blender. Purée until smooth and creamy. Season to taste
- with salt. Transfer to a small saucepan and simmer to warm.
- Remove roasted cauliflower and leeks from oven and combine with "cheese" sauce in an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Return to oven, and bake 5-7 minutes longer, until mixture is hot.
- Divide between individual serving
- dishes, sprinkle with chives, and
- serve hot.
- Calories: 200
- Carbohydrate Content: 17 g
- Cholesterol Content: 135 mg
- Fat Content: 13 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sugar Content: 5 g