Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join Today!.
This rich, strata-like casserole is as good as any bread stuffing. To change up the flavors, substitute other blanched or sautéed vegetables, such as broccoli, mushrooms, and spinach.
Cauliflower & Leafy Purple Kale Savory Bread Pudding Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter or oil 12-inch rectangular casserole dish.
- Bring pot of water to a boil. Chop kale into large pieces and place in salted water. Cook 2–3 minutes, until just tender. Drain, squeezing out excess water.
- Break cauliflower into florets. Bring pot of water to a boil. Add cauliflower to pot and cook 3–4 minutes until barely tender.
- Heat olive oil in skillet. Add celery and onions, and sauté until soft. Add garlic, and cook about 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Place chopped kale, cauliflower, celery, onion, and garlic in large bowl. Cut bread into 1-inch cubes. Add bread and cheeses to vegetables in bowl. Toss to mix and place in greased casserole dish.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper. Pour over bread and vegetables. Let sit 10 minutes to allow bread to absorb liquid. Bake 35 minutes until top is lightly browned. Pour cream over top, and bake 5 minutes more.
- Calories 370
- Carbohydrate Content 30 g
- Cholesterol Content 165 mg
- Fat Content 19 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 20 g
- Saturated Fat Content 9 g
- Sodium Content 890 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g