With one grill and one grill pan, you will have dinner ready in no time. Use your imagination and any kind of sausage, peppers, or potato to round out the meal.
Grill Pan Tip: Look for grill pan at your local housewares or hardware store. These perforated pans, in cast iron or stainless, will stand up to the heat and allow for all that great grilling goodness to get through to the food.
How hot is hot?
Don’t have a thermometer on your grill? No worries, your bare hand is a good gauge for temperature (adults only, please). This works for gas or charcoal grills. Hold your hand a few inches above the grate and time how long you can safely keep your hand there:
Less than a second
Very hot (be careful)
600°F or more
Hot (still be careful)
- 4 chicken bratwurst-style sausages (uncooked)
- 3 corn cobs, shucked, cut in half
- ½ large onion, cut into one-inch-thick slices
- 1 orange, yellow, red, or green sweet pepper, seeded and cut into one-inch squares
- 1 lb. 8 oz. bag petite new golden potatoes, washed, dried, and cut in half
- 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, pull leaves from stems
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to 400°F with grill pan on grates. Cut sausage into two-inch sections with sharp knife, and set aside. Soak corn in water 15 minutes, then drain and wrap in foil. Place onions, peppers, potatoes, extra-virgin olive oil, and rosemary in bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place potato and onion on grill pan. over grill, and cook 10–15 minutes, until potatoes begin to soften and brown.
- Push potatoes to side of the pan, away from direct flame. Add sausage to pan, and place foil-wrapped corn directly on grill. Cook, turning often, until sausage is brown and corn is heated through, 20–25 minutes.
- Unwrap corn, and season with butter, salt, and pepper. Serve sausage, onions, peppers, and corn on a single platter.
- Calories: 480
- Carbohydrate Content: 54 g
- Cholesterol Content: 60 mg
- Fat Content: 21 g
- Protein Content: 24 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.5 g
- Sodium Content: 90 mg