Take chocolate chip cookies to the next level with this espresso-spiked dough that's laced with chewy oats.
3/4 cup all-purpose flour or oat flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
4 oz. (1 stick) margarine, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cooled espresso or strong coffee
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups oats
1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda in bowl.
- Cream margarine and sugar together with electric mixer in bowl. Beat in espresso and vanilla. Beat in flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time, adding up to 1/2 cup more if necessary to make thick dough. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Divide dough in half. Transfer each dough half to large sheet of plastic wrap or wax paper. Use plastic wrap to shape dough into 2 2-inch-diameter logs with plastic wrap or wax paper. Wrap tightly, and chill 2 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Slice dough logs into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Transfer slices to greased or parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Bake 8 to 11 minutes, or until cookies look dry on top. Cool cookies 3 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to wire rack
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 56
- Carbohydrate Content: 8 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 0.5 g
- Protein Content: 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 43 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g