Coconut Jasmine Rice with Peas & Mint
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbs. nam pla (Thai fish sauce)
- 1 cup organic jasmine rice
- 1 cup frozen organic petite peas
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh mint leaves
- In medium saucepan, combine coconut milk, water, and nam pla, and bring to a boil. Add rice, and reduce heat. Simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 13 minutes. Remove from heat, let rest 5 minutes, and stir with fork to fluff.
- Heat peas, add to rice, and stir gently to combine. Transfer to serving bowl, sprinkle with mint leaves, and serve.
- Calories 200
- Carbohydrate Content 41 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 1 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 230 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g