Recipe adapted with permission from Youtheory (youtheory.com)
Did You Know?
Collagen powder can be added to virtually any recipe, as it’s not destroyed by heat.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 8-inch square baking pan. In food processor, combine avocados, maple syrup, and coconut sugar, and blend until smooth. Add eggs, and pulse to blend. Add cacao, collagen powder, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, vanilla, and instant coffee (if using). Blend until well combined and smooth. Add chocolate chips, and swirl in with a spatula.
- Transfer batter to baking pan. Bake until just set in middle, 25–30 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack, then cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- To make frosting: In high-speed blender or food processor, combine frosting
ingredients. Blend until smooth. Taste and add more maple syrup, if needed.
- When brownies are thoroughly chilled, spread frosting on top. Sprinkle with a topping, if desired, then cut into 12 bars and serve. Cover and refrigerate any leftovers.
- Calories 260
- Carbohydrate Content 26 g
- Cholesterol Content 30 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 105 mg
- Sugar Content 16 g