It's loaded with healthy fats and antioxidants from the chocolate. Using melted bakers chocolate gives the mixture more substance when it chills. Use a variety of toppings, and to vary flavors, add a teaspoon of instant espresso during mixing.
For plenty of other ways to enjoy the benefits of green foods and other superfood powders: Beyond the Blender
- 2 small avocados
- ¼ cup honey (use ½ cup for a sweeter mousse)
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 oz. dark chocolate, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 scoop chocolate green foods powder, or to taste
- Toppings (optional): toasted hazelnuts, shredded coconut, chopped pistachios, fresh mint leaves, raw cacao nibs, whipped coconut cream
- Halve avocado, remove pit, and scoop flesh into food processor. Discard skin, and pit. Add agave, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, vanilla extract, and green foods powder, and process until very smooth and creamy.
- Transfer mixture to glass container, cover, and refrigerate to chill, 1-2 hours. Divide between individual serving dishes, sprinkle with toppings of choice, and serve immediately.
- Calories: 410
- Carbohydrate Content: 45 g
- Fat Content: 26 g
- Fiber Content: 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9 g
- Sugar Content: 29 g