This creamy, island-inspired vegan treat is fortified with flax oil for a hefty dose of anti-inflammatory omega-3 fats (one serving contains almost 2,000 mg). Mango and goji berries add antioxidants and a lovely peach blush. For a kid-friendly summer treat, pour the ice cream mixture into Popsicle molds instead of freezing in an ice cream maker.
Did You Know?
Omega-3s are known as “essential” fats because our bodies don’t make them.
Makes about 1 pint
See Also Matcha & Greens Ice Cream
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
2 cups slightly thawed frozen mango chunks
3/4 cup coconut milk
1/3 cup unrefined organic cane sugar
1 Tbs. flaxseed oil
3 Tbs. dried goji berries
¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes for garnish (optional)
Zest from one lime for garnish (optional)
- Combine mango chunks, coconut milk, cane sugar, and flax oil in a blender, and purée until very smooth. Add goji berries, and purée until finely chopped, but some visible bits remain.
- Transfer to ice cream maker, and process according to directions (about 20 minutes). While ice cream freezes, combine coconut flakes and lime zest on cutting board, and finely chop into “dust.”
- To serve, scoop ice cream into martini glasses, cups, or dessert bowls, and sprinkle with coconut-lime dust. Serve immediately.
- Calories: 250
- Carbohydrate Content: 33 g
- Fat Content: 13 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8 g
- Sodium Content: 25 mg
- Sugar Content: 30 g