5 hard-boiled eggs, peeled, divided
1/2 cup minced red onion, divided
1/4 cup white wine or champagne vinegar
2 tsp. drained caper
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
2 tsp. minced rosemary leaves
1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
1/2 cup olive oil
4 ciabatta rolls, halved (or whole grain bread)
2 cups arugula
1 small vine-ripened tomato, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Coarsely chop 4 eggs, and place in medium bowl; stir in ¼ cup red onions, and set aside.
- Force remaining egg through sieve into separate bowl. Stir in vinegar, remaining ¼ cup red onion, capers, mustard, rosemary, and garlic. Whisk in oil until sauce is blended. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Pour ravigote sauce over chopped eggs, reserving ¼ cup sauce. Fold eggs and sauce together gently.
- Arrange rolls cut-side up on work surface. Spread egg mixture over bottoms of rolls. Divide arugula between bread bottoms. Spread remaining ravigote sauce over roll tops, and divide tomatoes between each. Serve open-faced.
- Calories: 620
- Carbohydrate Content: 70 g
- Cholesterol Content: 265 mg
- Fat Content: 36 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 926 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g