For more about this recipe: Passion Behind the Product: Bonafide Provisions
- 3 Tbs. olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 lbs. bison clod roast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 4 large carrots, peeled & diced
- 3 ribs of celery, diced
- 2 24-oz. pouches Bonafide Frontier Blend Bone Broth, defrosted
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 2 large Yukon Gold potatoes, diced
- 1 cup cooked pinto beans
- 2 small sprigs fresh rosemary
- Chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley for garnish
- Heat 2 Tbs. oil in large heavy pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add bison, and cook, stirring, until well-browned. Remove from pot with slotted spoon, and set aside. Add remaining oil, onion, carrots, and celery to pot, and cook, stirring often, until onion is translucent.
- Add broth, and bring to a boil. Add corn, potatoes, beans, bison, and rosemary. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and keep at a vigorous simmer until meat is tender and vegetables are cooked but still firm, about 25 minutes.
- Remove cover, and increase heat to medium. Allow to cook uncovered until some of the broth evaporates and mixture reaches consistency of a very thick soup or thin stew, stirring often to prevent burning. Remove rosemary sprigs, add salt & pepper to taste, and serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.
- Calories: 450
- Carbohydrate Content: 48 g
- Cholesterol Content: 80 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 40 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2.5 g
- Sodium Content: 500 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g