Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
For more about this recipe: Passion Behind the Product: Bonafide Provisions
- Heat 2 Tbs. oil in large heavy pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add bison, and cook, stirring, until well-browned. Remove from pot with slotted spoon, and set aside. Add remaining oil, onion, carrots, and celery to pot, and cook, stirring often, until onion is translucent.
- Add broth, and bring to a boil. Add corn, potatoes, beans, bison, and rosemary. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and keep at a vigorous simmer until meat is tender and vegetables are cooked but still firm, about 25 minutes.
- Remove cover, and increase heat to medium. Allow to cook uncovered until some of the broth evaporates and mixture reaches consistency of a very thick soup or thin stew, stirring often to prevent burning. Remove rosemary sprigs, add salt & pepper to taste, and serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.
- Calories 450
- Carbohydrate Content 48 g
- Cholesterol Content 80 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 40 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2.5 g
- Sodium Content 500 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g