This is a great recipe for using up any leftover cooked winter squash or grains from your week. You can double, triple, or even quadruple the ingredient amounts to make multiple bakes at once. They last for several days covered in the fridge. Just reheat and serve with nuts and fruit.
For more about this recipe: Winter Breakfast Cereal
- Coconut oil spray
- 1 extra large egg
- 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 Tbs. 100% pure maple syrup, optional
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup baked garnet yam (or cooked quinoa, whole grain rice, pumpkin, or a combination)
- 1 cup berries (thawed and drained, if frozen) or finely chopped seasonal fruit, divided
- 2 Tbs. chopped toasted walnuts or other nuts or seeds
Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray small baking dish (or large ramekin) thoroughly with coconut oil, and set aside.
Whisk together egg, almond milk, maple syrup, if using, vanilla, and cinnamon until smooth and frothy.
Whisk in yam, stir in ¾ cup berries, and transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
Bake 30–40 minutes until top is just dry. Top with walnuts and remaining ¼ cup berries to serve.
- Calories: 400
- Carbohydrate Content: 47 g
- Cholesterol Content: 210 mg
- Fat Content: 17 g
- Fiber Content: 13 g
- Protein Content: 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2.5 g
- Sodium Content: 180 mg
- Sugar Content: 16 g