Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
This is a great recipe for using up any leftover cooked winter squash or grains from your week. You can double, triple, or even quadruple the ingredient amounts to make multiple bakes at once. They last for several days covered in the fridge. Just reheat and serve with nuts and fruit.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray small baking dish (or large ramekin) thoroughly with coconut oil, and set aside.
2. Whisk together egg, almond milk, maple syrup, if using, vanilla, and cinnamon until smooth and frothy.
3. Whisk in yam, stir in ¾ cup berries, and transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
4. Bake 30–40 minutes until top is just dry. Top with walnuts and remaining ¼ cup berries to serve.
- Calories 400
- Carbohydrate Content 47 g
- Cholesterol Content 210 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 13 g
- Protein Content 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2.5 g
- Sodium Content 180 mg
- Sugar Content 16 g