- Makes 1 quartServings
- 4 pears, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger root
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- Filtered water
1. In a medium bowl, combine pears, raisins, onion, jalapeno pepper, ginger, lemon and salt. Stir to mix well.
2. Pack mixture tightly into a two wide-mouth glass pint jars, pressing down very firmly to compress. Add water to cover fruit mixture by about 1/2 inch.
3. Cover mouth of each jar with a coffee filter or small, thin dish towel secured with a rubber band. Let stand at room temperature away from direct sunlight for 2 to 4 days. Cover mouths of jars with lids and refrigerate for up to 2 months.