Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
View full article at: Non-GMO Foods for Baking
Related: Is the Paleo Diet For You?
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In small bowl, add salt to almond flour, and set aside. In larger bowl, mix together butter, maple syrup, and vanilla, if using. Mix in flour mixture, half a cup at a time, until batter forms. Stir in pecans.
- Use tablespoon to scoop rounded spoonfuls of batter onto parchment-paper-lined cookie sheet. Use your fingers to smooth out mounds of dough, then flatten the cookies with fork first one way, then another,
- to create a crisscross pattern on top.
- Place in freezer 5 minutes to quickly chill, then bake on middle rack of oven 8-12 minutes, watching closely to ensure cookies don’t burn.
- When cookies are lightly brown on bottom, remove from oven, and let cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes. Transfer to wire rack, and let cool before serving or storing.
- Calories 120
- Carbohydrate Content 5 g
- Cholesterol Content 10 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2.5 g
- Sodium Content 40 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g