Grilled Pepper Salad with Black Beans & Avocado
Break out the grill one last time this summer for this delicious, easy-to-make, entrée salad.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1 lb. mini sweet peppers, coated with nonstick spray
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rings, coated with nonstick spray
- 1 15-oz. can no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Black pepper to taste
1. Preheat grill to medium-high. Grill sweet peppers and red onion rings on all sides until grill marks appear, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to plate and let cool. Discard pepper stems and seeds, and chop peppers and onion into small dice.
2. Combine beans, avocado, cilantro, sweet peppers, and red onion in salad bowl and toss with lime juice, oil, salt, and pepper.
- Calories 240
- Carbohydrate Content 29 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 500 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g