Excerpted with permission from The Low Calorie Cookbook: Healthy, Satisfying Meals with 500 Calories or Less by Megan Olson (Page Street Publishing Co., 2020).
1. To make sauce: Mix together nut butter, water, honey, lime juice, vinegar, coconut aminos, garlic powder, and ginger in medium bowl.
2. To make pad Thai: Add half of sauce to large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breast tenders, and cook 5 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Transfer chicken and sauce to plate, and set aside.
3. Add oil and egg whites to skillet. Cook egg whites 2–3 minutes, until scrambled, transfer to separate plate, and set aside. Add bell pepper, carrots, cabbage, and sweet potato to skillet. Cook vegetables 5 minutes, then add chicken, remaining sauce, and egg whites. Toss to combine, and cook pad Thai 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are al dente.
4. Serve pad Thai with cashews, cilantro, green onions, and remaining sauce.
5. Store in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size 1/4 of Recipe
- Calories 520
- Carbohydrate Content 39 g
- Cholesterol Content 85 mg
- Fat Content 25 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 38 g
- Sodium Content 310 mg
- Sugar Content 18 g