Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
This savory, refreshing salad is the perfect accompaniment to almost any al fresco meal. Use heirloom tomatoes in a variety of colors, shapes, and sizes.
Heirloom Tomato & Arugula Salad Recipe
- Peel cucumber, halve lengthwise, and scoop out seeds with spoon. Chop cucumber, and combine in food processor with vinegar and oil. Purée until smooth. Add basil, and pulse until basil is chopped into small pieces, but not completely combined. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Core tomatoes and quarter. Spread arugula on large serving platter, and add tomatoes and bell peppers on top. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Sprinkle with feta cheese and toss before serving.
- Calories 160
- Carbohydrate Content 11 g
- Cholesterol Content 11 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 223 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g