For more about this recipe: Color Kitchen Natural Food Dyes
- 1 cup organic whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup organic unbleached white flour
- 1 tea baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons organic unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- 1 whole egg + 1 egg white, room temp
- 1/2 cup cooked sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup 2% organic milk
- 1 packet Color Kitchen pink coloring
- 1/2 cup Paradise Meadow Whole Cooking & Baking Cranberries
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, room temp
- 2 tablespoons organic unsalted butter, room temp
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 box Color Kitchen Green Frosting Color & Tree Sprinkles
This recipe uses Paradise Meadow Whole Cooking & Baking Cranberries, available at many supermarkets and at paradisemeadow.com/products.
Pre-heat oven to 350° F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with holiday-colored liners and spray with non-GMO canola spray.
In a small bowl, whisk together flours, baking soda, and salt. In a larger bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add whole egg, beat well; add egg white, beat well. Add sweet potato and vanilla, beat until combined. Whisk pink color packet into milk. Add flour mixture one-half at a time, alternating with half of milk, beating on low until just combined. Fold in cranberries.
Divide among muffin cups, filling each 2/3rds full. Bake about 21–23 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove and cool completely.
Make frosting: beat cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and green color packet until smooth. Frost cooled cupcakes and decorate with tree sprinkles.
- Calories: 210
- Carbohydrate Content: 30 g
- Cholesterol Content: 40 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 290 mg
- Sugar Content: 14 g