For more information about this recipe: ReDo You 2010 Contest Winner
- 2 100-g pkgs. frozen unsweetened açaí purée (such as Acai Roots or Sambazon), thawed
- 6 Tbs. organic butter
- 1/2 cup food-grade glycerin
- 1/2 tsp. maple flavoring, such as Frontier Herbs
- 1 packet nonbitter stevia powder (or liquid equivalent)
- Melt açaí and butter over medium heat.
- Add glycerin, maple flavoring, and stevia to taste; simmer until heated through.
- Place warm syrup in decanter, and serve.
- Calories: 255
- Carbohydrate Content: 2 g
- Cholesterol Content: 71 mg
- Fat Content: 29 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 18 g
- Sodium Content: 7 mg