Kat’s Açaí-Maple Topping Recipe
For more information about this recipe: ReDo You 2010 Contest Winner…
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
For more information about this recipe: ReDo You 2010 Contest Winner
- 2 100-g pkgs. frozen unsweetened açaí purée (such as Acai Roots or Sambazon), thawed
- 6 Tbs. organic butter
- 1/2 cup food-grade glycerin
- 1/2 tsp. maple flavoring, such as Frontier Herbs
- 1 packet nonbitter stevia powder (or liquid equivalent)
- Melt açaí and butter over medium heat.
- Add glycerin, maple flavoring, and stevia to taste; simmer until heated through.
- Place warm syrup in decanter, and serve.
- Calories 255
- Carbohydrate Content 2 g
- Cholesterol Content 71 mg
- Fat Content 29 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 18 g
- Sodium Content 7 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g