These bite-sized sweet and savory morsels of goodness were made for potlucks. They will disappear fast. If you want a hefty portion of these just for yourself, better make extra! If you are in a hurry, use store-bought meatballs.
- Makes 15–20 small meatballsServings
- 1 slice whole-grain bread
- ¼ cup milk of your choice
- 1 Tbs. butter or cooking oil
- ¼ cup finely diced onions
- 1 lb. ground lean turkey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
- 3 Tbs. fresh cranberries very finely diced (or 2 teaspoon zested lemon rind)
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- Salt and pepper
Orange Cranberry Sauce
- 2 cups prepared whole cranberry sauce
- 2 Tbs. orange marmalade
- 2 Tbs. Korean Chile Sauce (Gochujang)*
- 2 Tbs. soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. rice vinegar
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- *2 Tbs. of Sweet Chile Sauce with 2 tsp. of Sriracha sauce is a good alternative if you can’t find Korean Chile Sauce.
- Preheat oven to 400° F degrees. Line backing sheets with parchment.
- Soak bread in milk for 10 minutes in a large bowl. Meanwhile sauté onions in butter over medium low heat for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add onions, turkey, egg and all spices and cranberries to the soaked bread. Mix with your hands until very well combined.
- Roll into one-inch small bite-sized meatballs. Place on baking sheets and bake until brown for 15 minutes. Place in a large pot or Dutch oven.
- Stir sauce ingredients and pour over the meatballs. Heat through over medium-low heat. Keep warm while serving.