Creamy soups are a great opportunity to sneak some more vegetables and—surprise, surprise—protein into your diet. This heavenly spiced soup is a nutritious companion to any meal.
For more about this recipe: Cooking with Protein Powder
1 Tbs. grapeseed oil
1 yellow onion, chopped
½ tsp. salt
1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 Tbs. ginger, chopped
1 Tbs. garam masala powder
¼ tsp. cayenne powder
¼ tsp. black pepper
2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
1/3 cup unflavored protein powder
Juice of ½ lime
1 cup unsweetened plain cashew milk
1 cup crunchy chickpeas (optional)
½ cup cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and salt; cook until onion has softened and is beginning to darken, about 5 minutes. Add cauliflower, garlic, and ginger to pan, and heat 3 minutes. Stir in garam masala, cayenne, and black pepper, and heat 30 seconds more. Pour in broth and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Place soup in blender or food processor, along with protein powder and lime juice, and blend until very smooth. Return to pan, stir in cashew milk, and heat through.
- Divide soup among serving bowls and garnish with crispy chickpeas (if using) and cilantro.
- Serving Size: Per serving (with whey protein powder):
- Calories: 160
- Carbohydrate Content: 15 g
- Cholesterol Content: 30 mg
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 460 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g