Creamy soups are a great opportunity to sneak some more vegetables and—surprise, surprise—protein into your diet. This heavenly spiced soup is a nutritious companion to any meal.
For more about this recipe: Cooking with Protein Powder
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and salt; cook until onion has softened and is beginning to darken, about 5 minutes. Add cauliflower, garlic, and ginger to pan, and heat 3 minutes. Stir in garam masala, cayenne, and black pepper, and heat 30 seconds more. Pour in broth and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Place soup in blender or food processor, along with protein powder and lime juice, and blend until very smooth. Return to pan, stir in cashew milk, and heat through.
- Divide soup among serving bowls and garnish with crispy chickpeas (if using) and cilantro.
- Serving Size Per serving (with whey protein powder):
- Calories 160
- Carbohydrate Content 15 g
- Cholesterol Content 30 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 460 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g