Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
Take a tortilla, layer it with beans and lean protein, add a medley of colorful veggies, and not only do you have a quick-and-easy meal, it’s your rainbow for the day.
Open-Face Mexican Chalupa Recipe
- Heat 1 Tbs. oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef and cook until evenly browned and crumbly. Add black beans and tomatoes, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbs. oil over medium heat in another large skillet. After about 1 minute, place 1 tortilla in pan. Flip after 2 minutes or when golden and puffed. Brown other side 1 minute more. Set aside on plate. Repeat with remaining tortillas, adding more oil to pan if necessary.
- Place one tortilla in middle of plate. Top with ½ cup of meat mixture. Sprinkle with ¼ cup of cheese. Top generously with lettuce and bell peppers. Spoon sour cream, salsa, and guacamole on top. Repeat with other tortillas and serve.
- Calories 605
- Carbohydrate Content 44 g
- Cholesterol Content 102 mg
- Fat Content 34 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 35 g
- Saturated Fat Content 13 g
- Sodium Content 1049 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g