- ¼ cup organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp. organic virgin coconut oil, divided
- ¼ medium head of cauliflower, cut into small bite-size florets
- 4 small shallots, peeled and cut in half
- 6 small white pearl onions, peeled and cut in half
- 1 large fennel bulb (white part only), quartered, then cut lengthwise into ¼-inch-wide slices
- ¾ cup organic gluten-free or homemade chicken broth
- 1½ tsp. ground thyme
- 1 tsp. rubbed sage
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 8 oz. of whole baby bella mushrooms, ends trimmed, quartered, and cut into ½-inch-thick slices
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Heat olive oil and 1½ tsp. coconut oil in 12-inch deep sauté pan. Add cauliflower, shallot, onion, and fennel pieces, and brown slightly over medium heat, 5-7 minutes, turning so vegetable pieces are well coated in oil.
- Add chicken broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and cover pan. Let simmer 20 minutes. Season with thyme, sage, salt, and pepper. Add walnuts, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms, cover, and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 10-12 minutes. Add additional broth if mixture becomes too dry.
- When mushrooms are cooked and walnuts are slightly softened, stuffing is done. Continue cooking uncovered to reduce any extra liquid, but leave some liquid for reheating. Add additional salt and pepper to taste, and mix in remaining coconut oil for a more decadent mouthfeel.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve warm, or refrigerate, reheat, and sprinkle with parsely when ready to serve.
- Calories: 250
- Carbohydrate Content: 21 g
- Fat Content: 18 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 115 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g