Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- Heat olive oil and 1½ tsp. coconut oil in 12-inch deep sauté pan. Add cauliflower, shallot, onion, and fennel pieces, and brown slightly over medium heat, 5-7 minutes, turning so vegetable pieces are well coated in oil.
- Add chicken broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and cover pan. Let simmer 20 minutes. Season with thyme, sage, salt, and pepper. Add walnuts, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms, cover, and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 10-12 minutes. Add additional broth if mixture becomes too dry.
- When mushrooms are cooked and walnuts are slightly softened, stuffing is done. Continue cooking uncovered to reduce any extra liquid, but leave some liquid for reheating. Add additional salt and pepper to taste, and mix in remaining coconut oil for a more decadent mouthfeel.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve warm, or refrigerate, reheat, and sprinkle with parsely when ready to serve.
- Calories 250
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 18 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 115 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g