With plentiful vitamins and minerals, such as vitamins A, C, and K, iron, magnesium, and phosphorus, pears provide gut-friendly fiber that aids in digestion. Fiber helps ferry food through the digestive system without the fear of food particles being caught in the large intestine’s pockets. Apple cider vinegar assists in this work by providing nutritious enzymes that help break down food as it passes through the digestive system. Improving digestion and supporting the body by ensuring the proper absorption and distribution of nutrients, pears and ACV combine to create the perfect drink for digestion!
Excerpted from Apple Cider Vinegar Drinks for Health: 100 Teas, Seltzers, Smoothies, and Drinks to Help You Lose Weight, Improve Digestion, Increase Energy, Ease Colds, Relieve Stress, and Look Radiant by Britt Brandon (Adams Media, 2018).
- 1 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 1 medium pear, peeled and cored
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 2 cups purified water (pH-balanced)
- Combine all ingredients in a large blender.
- Blend on high until thoroughly combined and frothy.
- Consume immediately or store tightly sealed and unrefrigerated up to 4 hours.
- Calories: 100
- Carbohydrate Content: 25 g
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 10 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Sugar Content: 13 g