This hearty chili tastes great served over our recipe for Cheesy Macaroni!
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 cups chopped white onion
- 8 oz. button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbs. minced garlic
- 2 cups chopped green cabbage
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 14.5-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 yellow bell pepper, charred, peeled, and diced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Sliced avocado
- Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium until it shimmers. Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic; sweat until onion is translucent, 5 minutes. Add cabbage, celery, carrot, cumin, oregano, paprika, coriander, and cayenne; partially cover pot. Reduce heat to medium-low, and sweat mixture until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, and broth. Bring chili to a simmer and cook until thickened, 10 minutes more. Add beans and bell pepper; season with salt and black pepper. Serve chili over Cheesy Macaroni and top with avocado.