For more about this recipe: Amazing Tea to Support Kenyan Farmers - JusTea
- 4 small (4 oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tsp. JusTea purple tea leaves
- 1 tsp. kosher Real Salt
- 1 Tbs. crushed Szechuan peppercorns
- 2 Tbs. safflower oil
- 2 greengage plums, pitted and sliced lengthwise into round slices
- 1 large Persian cucumber, cut into thin diagonal slices
- 4 oz. mache lettuce
- 1 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbs. rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ginger juice
- 1 1/2 Tbs. peanut oil (or avocado oil)
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 Tbs. chopped green onion tops
Steep tea leaves in 1 1/2 cups water for four minutes. Strain, and stir in salt and chill, and allow to cool. Place chicken breasts in shallow glass dish, pour over cold tea to cover, and refrigerate 12 hours.
To make dressing: combine all ingredients in small glass jar, and shake well. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Remove chicken breasts from tea brine, pat dry, and sprinkle with peppercorns. Heat safflower oil in skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken breasts, turning once, about 4 minutes per side, until just cooked through. Remove to platter, and cool.
Slice chicken breasts at an angle into 4–5 slices each. Arrange lettuce on four plates; top with alternating slices of chicken, plum, and cucumber. Drizzle with dressing, and serve immediately.
- Calories: 280
- Carbohydrate Content: 7 g
- Cholesterol Content: 75 mg
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 610 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g