Quick and Clean Pizza Fondue Recipe
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ½ lb. leanest ground turkey
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 6-oz. can tomato paste
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 Tbs. dried parsley
- 2 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. palm sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes, optional
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz. mozzarella, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 cups baby carrots
- ½ loaf whole grain or sourdough bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- In large skillet or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add turkey, onion, and garlic, and cook about 8 minutes, or until meat is cooked though with no pink remaining.
- Add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, water, parsley, basil, oregano, palm sugar, salt, red pepper flakes, and Parmesan. Stir well to mix, cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve in bowls with mozzarella, carrots, and bread on the side for dipping.
- Calories 280
- Carbohydrate Content 29 g
- Cholesterol Content 35 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 22 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 950 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g