1½ cups organic chicken broth
1 cup pearl onions, fresh or frozen and thawed
1 large sweet potato, chopped
4 small bone-in chicken breasts, washed and patted dry
1½ tsp. coarsely ground black pepper, divided
2 Tbs. olive oil, divided
6 cloves garlic; 4 peeled, 2 minced
1 tsp. sweet paprika
4 large sprigs fresh rosemary, more for garnish
- Pour broth in slow cooker. Add onions and sweet potato.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with 1/2 tsp. pepper. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in large, heavy skillet; place chicken breasts flesh-side down, and sear 2 to 4 minutes.
- Arrange chicken breasts in slow cooker. Add whole garlic. Cover, and cook on low 3 to 5 hours, or until meat is cooked through and almost falling off bone. During last 30 minutes of cooking, sprinkle minced garlic, remaining 1 tsp. pepper, and paprika atop chicken breasts; add 4 rosemary sprigs.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker, and transfer to large plate. Remove bones, and divide chicken among 4 plates. Drizzle remaining 1 Tbs. oil over chicken, and garnish with additional rosemary sprigs
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 397
- Carbohydrate Content: 20 g
- Cholesterol Content: 95 mg
- Fat Content: 21 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 33 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 332 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g