For more recipes and article, see Beyond Gluten-Free.
- Serves 12Servings
- 1/4 cup ground golden flax seeds
- 1/4 cup ground chia seeds
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups almond flour (finely ground almond meal)
- 1/2 cup black olives, chopped
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Coarse salt for finishing
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In small mixing bowl, combine flax, chia, almond milk, vinegar, and eggs. Mix until smooth. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In large mixing bowl, combine almond flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well. Stir in olives and rosemary. Add chia/flax mixture to almond meal and mix well to form stiff dough; dough should begin to form a ball.
- Turn ball of dough onto parchment-lined baking sheet, and form into an oblong. Using serrated knife, cut two or three diagonal slits in top of loaf. Sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes, then slice and serve.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 160
- Carbohydrate Content: 7 g
- Cholesterol Content: 45 mg
- Fat Content: 13 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 220 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g