- 4 servingsServings
- 4 6-oz. slices salmon filet, roughly
- ¼-inch thick*
- 2 Tbs. olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. minced shallot
- ½ cup organic red wine
- ½ cup organic vegetable stock
- 1 Tbs. cold organic unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. minced fresh tarragon leaves
- Preheat oven to broil. Place salmon pieces on baking sheet, and coat evenly with 1½ Tbs. of oil.
- In shallow saucepan, cook shallot in remaining ½ Tbs. oil until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add wine, and bring to a boil. Add vegetable stock, return to boil, reduce heat slightly, and reduce liquid by half. Turn off heat, add butter and tarragon, and swirl pan until butter is just melted. Keep warm.
- Place fish in broiler, about 5-6 inches from heat. Broil, watching carefully, until just cooked through, about 3-4 minutes. Remove to platter, drizzle with wine sauce, and serve immediately.
- Calories: 420
- Carbohydrate Content: 1 g
- Cholesterol Content: 95 mg
- Fat Content: 27 g
- Protein Content: 34 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8 g
- Sodium Content: 150 mg