Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
You can make this dish ahead or store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3–4 days. For long-term storage, freeze individual portions. Defrost overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Pat beef dry and season all over with salt and pepper to taste. Add beef to hot pan, and brown 3–4 minutes per side. Remove beef, and set aside, reserving grease in skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onion, and cook 3–4 minutes, until translucent. Add broccoli florets, and cook 3–4 minutes more, until brown. Add sugar snap peas, and cook 1–2 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in small mixing bowl, whisk together tamari, sesame oil, minced garlic, beef broth, and tapioca flour until dissolved. Add sauce to skillet, stirring to coat vegetables. Bring the mixture to a boil, and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cut steak into small pieces, about 1-inch square, and return to pan with vegetables. Simmer 5–7 minutes, until beef is cooked to desired doneness. Divide steak and veggies among 4 individual bowls.
Recipe excerpted with permission from The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet
- Serving Size 1/4 of Recipe
- Calories 260
- Carbohydrate Content 7 g
- Cholesterol Content 70 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 30 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2.5 g
- Sodium Content 850 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g