Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
For more about this recipe: 7 Best Anti-Anxiety Foods
1. In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 Tbs. of oil over medium-high. Add carrot, pepper, onion, and mushrooms, and sauté until vegetables are just tender, 5–7 minutes. Stir in edamame and cook for 1 minute, or until heated through.
2. Transfer vegetables to a bowl. Add remaining tablespoon oil to skillet and heat over medium. Add garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds. Add rice and stir to coat thoroughly. Push rice to sides of pan, leaving a well in the center. Pour eggs into well and cook, stirring frequently, until just set. Stir eggs into rice.
3. Return vegetables to skillet, stirring to mix. Add tamari and mirin and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Transfer to serving bowl, scatter cashews and scallions over top, and serve.
- Calories 410
- Carbohydrate Content 50 g
- Cholesterol Content 95 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 560 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g