Shredded Carrot & Chicken Salad with Raisins, Jicama & Citrus Yogurt Dressing
Sweet, tangy and crunchy this salad comes together in 30 minutes, which makes it an easy (and satisfying) weeknight meal.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- ½ cup whole-milk plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard, optional
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 1 ear corn (grilled, boiled or fresh), kernels removed
- ½ jicama, peeled and julienned
- 3 cups shredded or grated carrots
- 1½ cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup unsulfured green raisins or organic golden raisins
- ⅓ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- ¼ cup hemp hearts
- 10 oz cooked chicken breast (preferably grilled)
- Make dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients until combined. Set aside.
- Make salad: In a large bowl, combine corn, jicama, carrots, cabbage, raisins, parsley, mint and hemp hearts. Add chicken and dressing; toss to coat.
TIP: Use any cooked chicken you have on hand in this salad – make some extra next time you have the grill going. We love this salad with a drizzle of sriracha sauce.
- Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
- Calories 296
- Carbohydrate Content 27 g
- Cholesterol Content 29 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 241 mg
- Sugar Content 14 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 8 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g