- 2 Tbs. O Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1 medium white onion, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 5 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1 cup bottled clam juice
- Generous pinch of Rumi Spice Afghan Saffron Threads, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 16 large wild-caught shrimp, shelled & deveined
- 3 cups sugar snaps peas, halved
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Handful of flat-leaf parsley leaves
1. In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, cook onions in olive oil until translucent, stirring often, about 6 minutes.
2. Add vegetable broth, clam juice, saffron, and turmeric to pot; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Increase heat; add shrimp and snap peas to pot, cook until shrimp are translucent, about 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Divide among four bowls, garnish with parsley leaves.
- Calories: 150
- Carbohydrate Content: 14 g
- Cholesterol Content: 35 mg
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 980 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g