Chaga, cordyceps, lion’s mane, and maitake mushrooms have been valued for their healing and immune-boosting properties in Eastern medicine for centuries. This epic combination will add a delightful spark of energy and vibrancy to your day.
This coffee house–style drink gets an extra energy kick from medicinal mushrooms. It’s a perfectly nutritious (and delicious!) way to fuel your mornings. You can make a large batch of the chai spice mix ahead of time so that you’re ready to quickly prepare a latte whenever you want.
Recipe courtesy Laird Superfood
Chai Spice Mix:
- 3 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. cardamom
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 8 oz. plant-based milk of your choice
- 1 Tbs. Original Superfood Creamer with Functional Mushrooms
1. Mix chai spice ingredients together in small bowl.
2. In small pot over medium heat, heat milk to not-quite boiling. Stir in creamer and 1 tsp. chai spice mix.
3. Store remaining chai spice mix in sealed jar for future lattes.
- Calories: 120
- Carbohydrate Content: 17 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 200 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g