A mix of Greek yogurt, lemon juice, and olive oil takes the place of high-fat mayonnaise, and adds extra protein, with a spicy zing from cayenne pepper. We layered ours on a hearty, whole-grain bread studded with flax seeds; other options include gluten-free bread, ciabatta, baguette, or whole-wheat tortillas. For a grain-free option, serve it in lettuce cups.
For more about this recipe: Eat to Beat Breast Cancer
1/3 cup low-fat, plain Greek yogurt
2 Tbs. olive oil
1 Tbs. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper, or to taste
1 6-oz. can white meat tuna packed in water, drained well
1/2 cup finely chopped arugula
1/4 cup minced red onion
1/4 cup shredded carrots
8 slices whole-grain flax bread
1 cup broccoli sprouts
Dijon mustard (optional)
- In medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper. Add tuna, arugula, onion, and carrots, and stir to mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide mixture between four slices of bread, and top with broccoli sprouts. Spread remaining bread with mustard, if desired. Top sandwiches with remaining bread, cut on the diagonal, and serve immediately.
- Calories: 540
- Carbohydrate Content: 49 g
- Cholesterol Content: 40 mg
- Fat Content: 21 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 36 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3.5 g
- Sodium Content: 670 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g