Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
A mix of Greek yogurt, lemon juice, and olive oil takes the place of high-fat mayonnaise, and adds extra protein, with a spicy zing from cayenne pepper. We layered ours on a hearty, whole-grain bread studded with flax seeds; other options include gluten-free bread, ciabatta, baguette, or whole-wheat tortillas. For a grain-free option, serve it in lettuce cups.
For more about this recipe: Eat to Beat Breast Cancer
- In medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper. Add tuna, arugula, onion, and carrots, and stir to mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide mixture between four slices of bread, and top with broccoli sprouts. Spread remaining bread with mustard, if desired. Top sandwiches with remaining bread, cut on the diagonal, and serve immediately.
- Calories 540
- Carbohydrate Content 49 g
- Cholesterol Content 40 mg
- Fat Content 21 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 36 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3.5 g
- Sodium Content 670 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g