- 6 eggs (more or less as you wish)
- 12 Brussels sprouts, washed, cored and cut into quarters
- 1 bunch green onions, cut into one-inch pieces, include white onion and half the green stalk
- 1 large parsnip, peeled
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs. Sriracha sauce
- 4 slices cooked nitrate-free bacon (optional), broken into large pieces
1. Grease a 9X13 quarter sheet pan with sides. Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
2. Place quartered Brussels sprouts and green onions in a bowl.
3. Shave off large strips of parsnips with a vegetable peeler. Cut in half to shorten if they are too long. Place in bowl with Brussel’s sprouts and green onions. Coat well with extra-virgin olive oil.
4. Season with salt and pepper. Turn out on to the baking sheet.
5. Bake for 20 minutes until nicely roasted. Stir occasionally for even browning. The exposed parsnips and onions will cook into lovely crispy bits.
6. Stir the mayonnaise and sriracha together.
7. Carefully push the vegetables aside to create 6 wells. Break the eggs into the holes. Scatter the bacon over the top and return the oven.
8. Bake for 5-6 minutes depending on how you like your eggs. Over easy is about 3 minutes, over medium 4 minutes and hard yolks, 5-6 minutes.
9. Drizzle with the sriracha sauce before serving.