Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- Place steak in freezer for 30 minutes then thinly slice against the grain. In a small bowl, whisk hoisin and coconut aminos; transfer one-half to a large bowl. Add steak; toss to coat. In a cup, whisk arrowroot and water.
- Heat a 9- to 10-inch cast iron skillet to medium-high and coat with one-half of oil. Add bok choy and one-half of salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender and golden in spots, 6 to 7 minutes. Add light parts of green onions, garlic and ginger; stir-fry until onions are tender and mixture is fragrant, about 1 minute. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining one-half of oil in skillet. Add beef; season with remaining one-half of salt and stir fry until nearly cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes. Add bok choy mixture and reserved hoisin and arrowroot mixtures; cook, tossing, until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes. Top with some of reserved green onions. Serve with brown rice and/or quinoa.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 392
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 86 mg
- Fat Content 23 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 26 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 598 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 11 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g